Tuesday, November 14

procrastination knitting

I have no idea why I do it. When I have something that actually needs finishing by a deadline (yes, Erin, this would be your shrug!) I start something else. Don't panic E, I am going to get it done but there was something stopping me getting it finished with lots of time to spare. It could be because it makes me swear. I had to un-knit a couple of rows lastnight. It's a pain to un-knit lace.
This little jacket on the other hand was mindless and knitted all in one piece with very minimal shaping or sewing up.


The pattern is from a recent Debbie Bliss book, sorry I'm not getting up to go and find it, that I borrowed from the library. I used Cleckheaton Merino Supreme I got from Clegs for $2.95 a ball (sweet!) instead of Cashmerino Aran. 5mm needles, in the largest size - 12-24months I think. Love that chocolatey brown.


And then in true procastinator fashion I have been baking a bit too. Lemon meringue cupcakes on Sunday and this one, ginger cheesecake yesterday. So i will only just manage to get things done in time and be bursting the seams on my clothes. Excellent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cheesecake looks great. I have photographed food to post before but they've never actually made it to the blog. I don't think I"ll get a job as a food stylist for Donna Hay!!!
Love the knitting I'm a sloooooow knitter!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum! Is there any of this left? I'm coming over to play tomorow... *hint hint*

Crafty Mama said...

Gorgeous jacket and scrummy cheesecake!!

Cinna :)