Friday, November 17

Holy Silkworms Batman!

Told you I'd get it finished......
It really is very beautiful. I just hope it fits!
So, the pattern is I do from Knitty , I used Debbie Bliss Pure Silk (beautiful but a bit painful) and 5mm Addi Turbo circular needles. All in all actually quite a fast knit, once I got going. There are a few areas in the pattern that could have been explained more thoroughly ( the increasing and decreasing for example) but if you are a knitter who can think and trust themselves to just make it up, not such a big problemo. Would I knit it again? No, I don't think so. But now I understand the shrug concept and construction I might make one with a different lace pattern. But probably not .
It's going to look beautiful on, with E's big red frock. I will have to make sure I get a photo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it DID fit extremely well and even though the weather was warm, I got to put it on right at the end of the night. Or was that early morning? I think someone took a photo... but I was a little tipsy. Martin & I are killing time here at Changi airport for 4 hours. Hooray for free internet. Love your work, justina! x Erin

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks lovely - I am sure that it looked just devine on. Well done!