Tuesday, August 22

today we are going to discuss the knitting

i am a knitter. mental about it. when i have a particular project in mind or a dilemma to solve i have even been known to dream knitting.


here we have a couple of finished objects. i go through little phases where i lament my lack of finishedness when it comes to the knits but in reality i do finish many more things than i give myself credit for. but i do rip lots out and start again too. first up is the very pinkypink vest made from
Marta's divine 8ply merino. this is the one i made with short row lengthened shoulders to accommodate a big noggin. and my conclusion on this method? fantastic! i don't know why i hadn't thought of it before. such a simple solution. as you can see it is being modelled beautifully for me by Archer. it's intended recipient has a girth several cms smaller than my little fellow so it should be a good fit. next is one of my favourite recently finished objects. i knitted it and sewed the whole lot together months ago but only got my act together to sew buttons on last week. it fits Ivy just nicely now and will be a lovely spring weather jumper. it's knitted with Bendigo Woolen Mills 4ply cotton (in lipstick, sadly a discontinued shade). the pattern comes from my favourite op shop knitting pattern book find of all time- Knitting In Vogue Number 3, Patterns from the 30s to the 80s...... by Christina Probert. It's the Lacy Yoked Sweater, originally published in 1951.

and then lastnight i was sitting on the couch watching Top Gear with the fam and had no knitting in my hands. strange. so i dragged out the Ruffles scarf (from the Scarf Style book) that i had grown tired of. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful scarf and i am using more Marta's 8 ply merino (my favourite!) but it's the second one i've made and it is really very repetetive. if i get into a rhythm i won't even notice it will i? i should just get on with it! i am, i am. i think i must've added at least 10cm lastnight. oh all those shortrows.....

speaking of getting on with it, my house looks as though we let farm animals in at night to sleep on the couches. i had better do something about it.

3 comments:

Jorth said...

I love that pink vest - it's ubercute!

Brock said...

Your funky chunky monkey loves you!

Rachael Elswyk said...

The pink vest is just too cute! (almost makin' me clucky for a girl.......naaaa!)