Monday, October 16

progress report

i have been knitting away on a few things, no finished projects to show, just works in progress. i did finish a pair of socks and a scarf last weekend but they weren't all that exciting and i didn't remember to photograph them. oh well, i need to remember to take the photos!!
plugging away on the I Do shrug for
Erin. i have to admit, it's looking better than i thought it was. looking at the photo gives me a little bit of perspective. sweet. the Debbie Bliss silk is lovely to feel, slightly annoying to knit with but worth it i think.

and i like to have a pair of socks on the go to keep in my bag, knit in the car, on the train etc. just finished the gusset on the first of a pair of Embossed Leaves socks from the winter 2005 Interweave Knits. the yarn is called On-line Supercool. i love this wool. i bought it last year from a shop in Brisbane and now i can't get more from anywhere. this is leftovers from a wee baby cardigan i made.


the pattern is pretty gorgeous, and the heel. it's the best heel i've ever turned, not even the hint of a hole. love that. see?


i got to sew on the weekend too. such a luxury. i finished a couple of things. yay for me! on saturday morning i finished off a blouse for myself, just in time to wear to uncle Gavan's birthday party. i really cut it fine, had to sew the buttons on in the car. i'll show you as soon as i can get a good photo.

sunday seemed to be a bit of a blue and red day. the fabric i used for this cute kimonoesque top for Ivy is from my childhood. i have a really vivid memory of my mum covering a brick to use as a doorstop with it. it looks very cute on the babe, it's a little bit grubby in the photo because she wore it today.

and pants, cute blue and red pants. with a pocket. because babies need pockets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, your blog skills blow me out of the blog-a-sphere. Any wonder you get so many hits.
When I read your blog I feel like I just lived a few minutes of my life through your eyes.

Vi said...

Loving all of your projects!! :) Those socks look so comfy..I bet they'd feel great on. Looking forward to seeing a photo of your blouse too. :)