Wednesday, October 25

it looks like a marshmallow

I finally got around to making more labels to sew into my *finished things*. The lovely miss Megan made a screen for me at her work so that I can just print my name straight onto tape. So effective and so cheap. I ran out ages ago but was too lazy to make more. Now that I have, I wonder why? I just suppose I didn't feel like making a mess, which is funny when I think about it, mess is the state my house is constantly in. What's the harm in a little bit more? And after all that, I didn't even make a mess!


To celebrate new labels I made another quilted handbag. I'm pretty pleased with this one. For some reason, unknown to me, the red and blue thing is still going on. I seem to have lots of blues and reds stashed away with my huge mess of fabric and scraps. I really should sort through the whole lot and organise it so that I can easily know what I have. What am I saying? That's not gonna happen! I will forever be digging around in my suitcases and boxes and secret hideyholes full of material to find just the right ones, "Aha! There it is, I thought I still had some of that!"

Anyway, back to the bag- the handles are made from some of the woolen blanket I dyed a while ago and I think they are just so perfect. The colour is a bit mottled but they feel right.

The highlight though? That button, it looks like a marshmallow!

I can see more of these bags in my future, maybe I should start selling them? You should see inside- the inside looks almost as good as the outside. I'll get a picture to show you...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING! If you sell it I will buy it. Love Your Biggest Fan.

Vi said...

That bag is awesome!! You should definately sell them!! LoVe the marshmallow button too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree! You should sell them! Yum... marshmallow... What would happen to me if I tried to eat the button... would I die?

Anonymous said...

How did you turn a marshmallow into a button? Did you dry it out in an oven? Can you post the intructions on how to do it? Coz I think it looks sooo cool.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag. I am in awe of people who can make bags, I tell you. I could definitely see a market for these..

Suse said...

You could definitely sell bags like that! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

hi justina, i found your blog. it took all the power of 2 librarians but we did it.
it is indeed a lovely bag - you should definately sell them. you can refer to it as 'hand crafted in victoria's pristine yarra valley' to make it sound like a fancy and expensive wine. it's all about the spin...