Monday, July 31

new (old) machine

i was lucky enough to me given a beautiful old Singer machine recently. it's a 99k model, electric. i finally had the chance to sit down with it and have a proper look and play. i discovered the manual in the box too, so threading it was a breeze (i think that without the manual it would have been confusing and involved swearing!)

i made a little smock for Ivy. the fabric is from Ikea a few years ago, i didn't have enough in one big piece so i pieced it together in stripes. the whole thing is made on the Singer apart from the buttonholes. i had to bring out the modern machine for those!


i signed myself up to become wardrobe refashionista thismorning! i'm pretty excited.

1 comment:

Rachael Elswyk said...

Viva la refashionista revolution!

I can not wait to a new IKEA opens in October because they'll stock fabric... I get jealous when I see y'all showing off your ikea stuff!

Cute smock!